Monday, December 26, 2016

Monday Musings - Astrology and Reiki


Students​ ​of​ ​my​ ​Usui​ ​Reiki​ ​online​ ​courses​ ​will​ ​notice​ ​that​ ​I​ ​share​ ​astrology​ ​articles​ ​frequently,​ ​as well​ ​as​ ​creating​ ​events​ ​that​ ​remind​ ​everyone​ ​of​ ​upcoming​ ​moon​ ​phases​ ​(Full​ ​Moon,​ ​New​ ​Moon, Eclipses,​ ​etc.)​ ​I​ ​will​ ​also​ ​share​ ​info​ ​on​ ​the​ ​solstices​ ​and​ ​equinoxes​ ​as​ ​those​ ​come​ ​up.
People​ ​who​ ​know​ ​me​ ​personally​ ​won’t​ ​find​ ​this​ ​odd​ ​and​ ​probably​ ​just​ ​assume​ ​that​ ​I​ ​am​ ​sharing​ ​a secondary​ ​passion​ ​in​ ​my​ ​Reiki​ ​Class.​ ​​ ​Actually,​ ​though​ ​-​ ​since​ ​practicing​ ​energy​ ​work​ ​and​ ​reiki healing,​ ​my​ ​understanding​ ​of​ ​the​ ​energies​ ​of​ ​these​ ​natural​ ​cycles​ ​has​ ​deepened​ ​and​ ​expanded.
“Reiki”​ ​means​ ​“Life​ ​Force​ ​Energy”​ ​or​ ​“Universal​ ​Life​ ​Force​ ​Energy”​ ​(from​ ​Rei,​ ​meaning​ ​ALL​ ​and Ki​ ​meaning​ ​ENERGY)​ ​​ ​and​ ​as​ ​we​ ​connect​ ​with​ ​this​ ​energy​ ​we​ ​begin​ ​a​ ​journey​ ​of​ ​connecting with​ ​all​ ​of​ ​life.​ ​​ ​As​ ​the​ ​Reiki​ ​practitioner​ ​begins​ ​to​ ​connect​ ​with​ ​All​ ​of​ ​Life​ ​on​ ​a​ ​daily​ ​basis,​ ​of course​ ​these​ ​energies​ ​of​ ​seasonal​ ​changes,​ ​moon​ ​phases,​ ​and​ ​planetary​ ​alignments​ ​become more​ ​relevant!
Paying​ ​attention​ ​to​ ​the​ ​astrological​ ​happenings​ ​and​ ​moon​ ​phases​ ​can​ ​help​ ​you​ ​on​ ​your​ ​Reiki journey​ ​in​ ​many​ ​ways.​ ​​ ​You’ll​ ​have​ ​a​ ​deeper​ ​understanding​ ​of​ ​what​ ​kinds​ ​of​ ​energies​ ​are​ ​moving through​ ​the​ ​universe​ ​-​ ​which​ ​includes​ ​your​ ​own​ ​body​ ​and​ ​the​ ​bodies​ ​of​ ​your​ ​clients​ ​or​ ​friends. The​ ​Moon​ ​is​ ​in​ ​Aries?​ ​​ ​That​ ​can​ ​explain​ ​the​ ​vibrant,​ ​fiery​ ​and​ ​combative​ ​energy​ ​you​ ​find exploding​ ​like​ ​a​ ​bomb​ ​from​ ​your​ ​client’s​ ​Solar​ ​Plexus!​ ​​ ​Move​ ​that​ ​energy​ ​upward​ ​into​ ​the​ ​Heart and​ ​Upper​ ​chakras​ ​so​ ​it​ ​can​ ​be​ ​expressed,​ ​or​ ​move​ ​it​ ​down​ ​into​ ​the​ ​lower​ ​chakras​ ​for​ ​some grounding​ ​and​ ​cooling​ ​off.​ ​​ ​Venus​ ​is​ ​retrograde?​ ​​ ​No​ ​wonder​ ​you​ ​keep​ ​coming​ ​across​ ​blockages in​ ​client’s​ ​heart​ ​chakras​ ​and​ ​complaints​ ​of​ ​feeling​ ​that​ ​their​ ​relationships​ ​are​ ​all​ ​going​ ​bad!​ ​​ ​Send some​ ​extra​ ​healing​ ​to​ ​the​ ​heart​ ​chakra,​ ​as​ ​well​ ​as​ ​sending​ ​some​ ​loving​ ​healing​ ​to​ ​the​ ​other chakras​ ​to​ ​help​ ​them​ ​feel​ ​more​ ​at​ ​ease​ ​and​ ​refocus​ ​away​ ​from​ ​relationships​ ​into​ ​areas​ ​of​ ​life that​ ​can​ ​be​ ​more​ ​fulfilling​ ​at​ ​this​ ​time.
Even​ ​in​ ​work​ ​on​ ​yourself​ ​you​ ​will​ ​notice​ ​your​ ​body,​ ​mind,​ ​and​ ​spirit​ ​going​ ​through​ ​some​ ​cycles and​ ​patterns​ ​that​ ​relate​ ​to​ ​moon​ ​phases,​ ​seasons,​ ​and​ ​other​ ​astrological​ ​occurrences.​ ​​ ​I​ ​was easily​ ​meditating​ ​for​ ​40​ ​to​ ​60​ ​minutes​ ​a​ ​day….​ ​20​ ​or​ ​more​ ​minutes​ ​every​ ​morning​ ​and​ ​evening​ ​- plus​ ​other​ ​random​ ​intervals.​ ​​ ​Then,​ ​Mercury​ ​went​ ​retrograde​ ​while​ ​the​ ​moon​ ​was​ ​also​ ​entering the​ ​waning​ ​phase.​ ​​ ​Suddenly,​ ​I​ ​was​ ​struggling​ ​to​ ​meditate​ ​even​ ​10​ ​minutes​ ​a​ ​day!​ ​​ ​Since​ ​I​ ​was paying​ ​attention​ ​to​ ​astrology​ ​and​ ​the​ ​moon​ ​phases,​ ​this​ ​didn’t​ ​surprise​ ​me​ ​-​ ​therefore​ ​I​ ​wasn’t hard​ ​on​ ​myself​ ​about​ ​it.​ ​​ ​Instead​ ​of​ ​feeling​ ​frustrated​ ​with​ ​my​ ​sudden​ ​change​ ​in​ ​how​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​during meditation,​ ​I​ ​just​ ​focused​ ​on​ ​allowing​ ​my​ ​thoughts​ ​to​ ​take​ ​me​ ​where​ ​they​ ​would.​ ​​ ​In​ ​this​ ​way,​ ​as​ ​I followed​ ​the​ ​thoughts​ ​I​ ​was​ ​able​ ​to​ ​see​ ​exactly​ ​what​ ​the​ ​retrograde​ ​was​ ​urging​ ​me​ ​to​ ​work​ ​on​ ​in myself​ ​and​ ​my​ ​outer​ ​life.​ ​​ ​I​ ​also​ ​saw​ ​in​ ​my​ ​thoughts​ ​the​ ​things​ ​I​ ​need​ ​to​ ​work​ ​on​ ​releasing​ ​and letting​ ​go​ ​of,​ ​simply​ ​by​ ​sitting​ ​on​ ​my​ ​meditation​ ​cushion​ ​and​ ​not​ ​forcing​ ​a​ ​meditation​ ​but​ ​just following​ ​my​ ​thoughts​ ​and​ ​feelings.​ ​​ ​Sure,​ ​my​ ​time​ ​on​ ​the​ ​cushion​ ​is​ ​shorter​ ​and​ ​feels​ ​less rewarding​ ​right​ ​now,​ ​but​ ​I​ ​have​ ​learned​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​and​ ​refocused​ ​my​ ​attention​ ​to​ ​other​ ​aspects​ ​of​ ​my life​ ​rather​ ​than​ ​worrying​ ​that​ ​I​ ​was​ ​“failing”​ ​after​ ​I​ ​had​ ​been​ ​doing​ ​so​ ​well.
Whatever​ ​your​ ​path​ ​or​ ​spiritual​ ​beliefs,​ ​and​ ​whatever​ ​form​ ​of​ ​energy​ ​work​ ​or​ ​healing​ ​you practice,​ ​we​ ​can​ ​all​ ​learn​ ​from​ ​the​ ​cycles,​ ​patterns,​ ​and​ ​shifts​ ​in​ ​energy​ ​that​ ​occur​ ​on​ ​astroogical levels​ ​and​ ​with​ ​the​ ​phases​ ​and​ ​signs​ ​of​ ​the​ ​moon.​ ​​ ​​ ​After​ ​all,​ ​we’re​ ​all​ ​one​ ​-​ ​residing​ ​on​ ​this​ ​same rock​ ​hurtling​ ​through​ ​the​ ​cosmos​ ​together.​ ​​ ​If​ ​you​ ​are​ ​studying​ ​Reiki​ ​and​ ​come​ ​across​ ​an​ ​article on​ ​the​ ​upcoming​ ​New​ ​Moon,​ ​or​ ​“Astrology​ ​This​ ​Week”,​ ​why​ ​not​ ​check​ ​it​ ​out?​ ​​ ​Reiki​ ​and​ ​astrology go​ ​hand​ ​in​ ​hand.​ ​​ ​And​ ​this​ ​can​ ​work​ ​the​ ​other​ ​way​ ​around​ ​too!​ ​​ ​If​ ​you​ ​are​ ​a​ ​student​ ​of​ ​astrology or​ ​a​ ​person​ ​who​ ​follows​ ​the​ ​phases​ ​of​ ​the​ ​moon​ ​and​ ​the​ ​seasons​ ​-​ ​why​ ​not​ ​check​ ​out​ ​Reiki? Energy​ ​healing​ ​can​ ​help​ ​you​ ​get​ ​through​ ​some​ ​of​ ​those​ ​rougher​ ​transitions,​ ​compliment​ ​the opening​ ​and​ ​expansion​ ​that​ ​occurs​ ​during​ ​positive​ ​aspects,​ ​and​ ​help​ ​you​ ​connect​ ​more​ ​fully​ ​with yourself​ ​as​ ​a​ ​part​ ​of​ ​this​ ​Divine​ ​Universe.
www.hestiasmuse.com ©​ ​Hestia’s​ ​Muse​ ​12/26/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment