Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome, Fall!

It's the Fall Equinox! Day and Night temporarily balance back to Equals, and from here the days gradually grow shorter, nights lengthen, and colder weather begins to settle in. Here in the Pacific Northwest it has been unseasonably warm. . . summer stayed a little longer than usual! But today, right on cue, as if the area got the memo that says "Time For Fall"!, the weather has taken a turn toward cooler days.  Leaves are turning color and falling, and there is a brisk autumn bite in the air.
I'm from Arizona, where there aren't really "proper seasons", so I'm really excited to experience true Fall weather this year! Every weekend I drive from Olympia to Portland and back to pick up my husband from his job. The difference between last weekend and this one was breathtaking! Last weekend everything was still summertime green, and this week there are bursts of fall color all along the drive!  (A couple pictures I took today along the drive are included in this post.)
I'm excited for fall... I welcome it and embrace the change! Rain, cooler weather, harvest festivals, corn mazes, Halloween, warm cozy clothes, hot chocolate, apple cider! Today I welcome the Fall!




No comments:

Post a Comment