Monday, May 18, 2015

Bathroom Blessings and Spells

Last week I started a De-Cluttering project - to get rid of clutter in the home.  Both for practical purposes and spiritual purposes.  I started in the Bathroom.

I created a sacred space in my bathroom by making a small altar in this window ledge.  Candles, seashells, a clay Goddess figurine, and my Yemaya Mojo Bag.



I cleaned my countertops and went through the cabinets and drawers and managed to get rid of quite a bit of clutter that had been hiding there!  It is amazing how much stuff just gets put aside to use or deal with "later".  And "later" never really comes!  It felt good to let go of and release some things, and re-organize other things.  My bathroom truly feels like a relaxing retreat now!

An example of Before & After under the sink:

Before

After
 

Before

After



With my cleansing and blessing of the space, now when I go in my bathroom I am reminded of the importance of self-care.  And I'm reminded that many acts of self-care can be so magickal!  You can turn the act of bathing, showering, or washing your face into a simple ritual of cleanising, releasing, and banishing.  You can turn the acts of brushing your hair or applying make-up into simple rituals of beauty and self love!

If you're interested in spells or rituals for your bathroom, here are a few links:

A really great book; Enchantments: 200 spells for Bath and Beauty

Here I have a Detox bath and Meditation with Yemaya

Cleansing Bath

Another Book; Wicca Spiritual Bath Spells

Book; Crossroads Mama 105 Spiritual Baths for Every Occasion

Book: Magical Herbal Baths of Santeria

If I add other Bath/Beauty type spells or rituals here after this blog post, they will be tagged under "bathroom" so you'll be able to find them!  I have a few I want to share, I'll add them when I have time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment